Unbreakable (sort of)

Yesterday I busted our clothes dryer. I opened the door during the drying cycle to check on a shirt I wanted to wear that evening. When I pressed the button to restart after shutting the door, nothing happened. I repeated this about three times then slinked away wondering, (you guessed it) "Now what?" Honestly, I was baffled. We've had this dryer since we moved here about five years ago and our clothes couldn't be happier, or drier for that matter. I told my husband and he proceeded to contact the same day service folks (facial expression = not happy). Turns out, I sort of forget to check the lint tray. Who knew a half inch of lint could entrap massive amounts of heat and burn out the dryer. When the service guy came, he noticed our venting system was completely out of code so we had to get that fixed asap. I tried to get my husband to see how my lack of de-linting uncovered a potentially bigger issue, but he didn't seem to get my reasoning as he paid the service guy. Did you know there is a special service for dryer vents? Apparently, they are wizards.




This dryer issue got me thinking about other incidents that occurred since I've been around the house. I think this lack of structure is messing with me. Here are a few of the highlights:

1. Crashed the Subaru into the side of the garage while trying to turn in from the other side of the driveway. Dented the passenger side and coated the doors with white paint.


 
2. Accidentally threw out the rental check and lease agreement for our tenants. Come on, I swear the envelope was buried inside one of those newspaper fliers with all the useless coupons.

3. Got a flat while trying to avoid an irate driver who tried to pass me at a red light. On the bright side, I was able to avoid a donut situation and pulled the car into our trusted service station located about 100 feet from said incident. Did I mention I gave the irate driver the bird, and it felt REALLY good.

4. OK, last one (let's hope). Parking tickets. Yup. Scored a few of these hot off the meter maid press while parked at the gym lot. I swear I was only a few minutes over (trying to squeeze in a few last push-ups).

Let's hope we can put a cap on the incident reports and file under Complete!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

snacking my way through the streets of Turkey

M - 27

Guide to Get Through New England Winter