After three planes, fourteen transit hours, one killer migraine, and two wired kids, we made it to Turkey yesterday for our annual trip to visit my husband's family. Even though its been a year since our last visit, I feel like I've never left. And that's a good thing. As we survived our first full day today feeling refreshed from the pool and my mother-in-law's home cooking, I can't help but take in all these familiar (and quirky) sights and sounds that make Turkey feel like my home away from home. Of course, some things have changed but for the most part, the familiar is omnipresent. Breakfast: Probably my favorite meal of the day (when I don't have to cook or prepare it, that is). I really love the Turkish breakfast and today did not disappoint. I think what makes this meal so appealing (to me at least) are all the options (tomatoes, cukes, cheeses, olives, fruit, and homemade preserves, to name a few) served on small plates. I'm a ...
Comments