M - 27

We enjoyed a truly lazy Saturday. I slept until 8:30 a.m. which is rare. Ozan sauntered downstairs at 11 a.m.  The kids enjoyed a morning of video games. I decided grocery shopping will happen tomorrow, so I made my list for the week. 

I am keeping a mental checklist of all the renovation work happening over the next few weeks. The painters will continue painting next week and putting up the wall colors (so exciting!). 

Have you seen my color palette? I wanted soft neutrals throughout the house, but after many trials and errors spending too much time and money on sample paint pints, I had to call the experts. I needed to end my endless struggle of finding the perfect gray and deciphering undertones of blue, purple or green. I hired a paint consultant and it was the best $125 I've ever spent. This woman got my vibe and reassured me that staying neutral and repeating some of the same colors in other rooms was OK. For example, I am using the same gray in both the kitchen and in a few bedrooms. Blasphemous!



I went to the house today to find a Pottery Barn box of hanging shelves that I need to return. Unfortunately, it's buried under all the plastic for painting. I walked around the house and took it all in. Everything is covered and ready to paint. The paint cans are out, resting idly on the floor with their assigned room name marked vividly in black sharpie. After painting commences, the plumber will return from a fourteen day quarantine from a recent trip to Mexico. Our contractor is only allowing one trade in the house at time too. After plumbing, its the last coat of polyurethane on the hardwood floors, odds and ends, and cleaning. 

I was pleasantly surprised to find out today that the local wallpaper store in Waltham is taking online orders while their showroom is closed. They will contact me on Monday to order my Thibaut grass paper. I'm supporting local businesses during this time and very happy to support Design in Blinds and Drapes in Waltham, MA. Which reminds me to schedule in the wallpaper person.


Since we are moving in 27 days, I am trying to use up stuff in our pantry. Today I decided to make Honey Tahini cookies from Food & Wine. I love these cookies because they are vegan, gluten and dairy free and only require five ingredients. These cookies are not sweet yet chewy and crisp and pack a punch with the nuttiness of tahini and crunch of toasted sesame. 

We are closing out the night with the movie Murder Mystery starring Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler. I did end up watching Top Chef last night which made me yearn even more to dine in a restaurant. I know, first world probs.

Good Night



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

snacking my way through the streets of Turkey

Guide to Get Through New England Winter