M - 16

If you've been following my blog since the countdown to the Move, you may be familiar with my dealings with UPS. Today a different UPS experience launched me to another level of anger. Let's just say UPS now stands for U People Suck. A Pottery Barn order was set for delivery today. I got the standard email notification about the package's status with an expected delivery for this afternoon. When I didn't get the delivery confirmation notice, I started to investigate. Apparently, UPS made an attempted delivery and did not leave the package because nobody was home at the house. Furious, I logged into UPS determined to figure out a way to change the delivery instructions. And right before my eyes blaring in bright yellow was the answer, "If you would like to make other delivery arrangement, please select Delivery Options." Little did I know this was the beginning of the nightmare.


The nefarious Delivery Option link basically was a one way ticket to Hell. From the link I was instructed to Sign Up for Delivery Options, the portion of the site feigned as Pergatory. Since I was already logged in, I kept going and clicked the "Sign Up" button.



And then things deteriorated fast. I had to fill out a form with my name and address, click an "I agree to whatever terms" and then proceed. Error messages kept appearing about my information not being correct. How could either my name or address not be recognized? I re-submitted the form multiple times getting the same error messages. I caved and decided to call customer service. UPS is notorious for making it near impossible to talk to a human on the phone. However, I figured out how to trick the 800 customer service system. You call, plug in your tracking number then interrupt the robo menu by saying "Customer Service." I finally got routed to customer service only to be told the call volumes were high and I had a seven minute wait. No problem, I just put the phone on speaker and decided to get dinner ready listening to lite magic rock. More like ten minutes later, I got a live person. I explained that I wanted to have my package left at the house and was not able to update it online. He also was not able to give me a clear answer as to why someone needed to receive the package. Everything I ordered for the house was delivered to my house via UPs thus far and left at the door. What changed? The guy said that he could not make that happen over the phone and I needed to do that online. I explained that even after being logged in, I was getting error messages trying to active the delivery options info. And then he said those dreaded words, "Ma'am I need to transfer you to tech support." I felt betrayed and aborted the call. Back on the UPS site, I logged out then logged back in again and ended up changing my address and somehow UPS bought it. I found the delivery change options section and put in the instruction Leave At Door. So let's see what tomorrow will bring. Hopefully some spiffy new kids' bedding from Pottery Barn Teen. Take that UPS.

On the brighter side, I finally settled my other initial issue with UPS. I called Ferguson's yesterday and asked what else can be done with UPS to follow up on my claim for the missing Grohe faucets. Casey, who knows me by know, decided to take matters into his own hands and got manager approval to grant me a credit. I sent him the proof of my re-purchase and voila, he took my card info for the refund. The moral to this saga is it pays to be persistent, literally! So, thank you Ferguson's.

Other bright notes of the week include getting an Instacart delivery date for next Tuesday! I also have a Big Box of Russo's produce to pick up next week. We are nearly out of fresh produce and I am having vegetable withdrawal. We ordered a special Easter dinner from our favorite restaurant Sarma. for pick up on Saturday. I'll drive anywhere for lamb. I also scheduled a virtual design consultation with a West Elm designer. I'm working with Liz on the plan for the lounge area in our kitchen. So far we have a layout and mood board, including my must-have swivel chair.
 
 
 
And the last and final bright note is that I have the day off tomorrow for Good Friday. It certainly will be a little different this year, but I'm planning to make it a Great Friday nonetheless.
 
Good Night
 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

snacking my way through the streets of Turkey

M - 27

Guide to Get Through New England Winter